Government approves Agasthyarkoodam trekking; Insurance coverage is mandatory for travelers
The government has given conditional permission for the Agasthyarkoodam season 2022 trekking. Earlier, it was reported that people would be trafficked from January 14 to February 26. It had been announced that online booking will also start on January 13th for this.
Meanwhile, online bookings were postponed due to fears of Omicron. However, the government has given the go-ahead to tourists with conditions but has not decided when the online booking will start and when the tourists will be admitted.
Tickets can be booked online by visiting the Forest Department website www.forest.kerala.gov.in or https://serviceonline.gov.in/.
- In view of the Covid situation, the maximum number of people allowed to book online has been fixed at 75 per day.
- A maximum of 25 people per day will be allowed through offline registration, including cancellation of online registration.
- The fee is Rs 1330 per person. In addition, Ecosystem Management will charge a special fee of Rs 250 for ancillary activities, including cleaning of trekking areas.
- To qualify for trekking, the applicant must have some form of insurance coverage such as life insurance/accident insurance. Details of this should be submitted with the application.
- Must have RTPCR negative certificate or two-dose vaccine certificate taken within 72 hours to start the trekking.
- Covid standards must be strictly adhered to in facilities including visitor accommodation.