This app will help you select your menu next time you board a train
It will be easy for the passengers to select their food on their next travel in Indian Railway, without fear of overcharging. A new App – ‘Menu on Rails’ – was launched by Piyush Goyal, Minister of Railways & Coal, developed by IRCTC for creating awareness to the Railway Passengers for the items served to them on their Rail Journey. This Mobile App will be available on Android and iOS platforms. Website version is also available for users.
Main features of the Mobile APP:
- Displays menu served on all type of trains
- For Mail/Exp trains, food items are covered in 4 categories namely, Beverages, Breakfast, Meals and A-La-Carte
- Rates for standard food items like Tea, Coffee, Packaged Drinking Water, Janata Khana, Standard Veg (Thali), Standard Nonveg (Thali), Standard Veg (Casserole) and Standard Nonveg (Casserole), are given both for train as well as stations (Excluding Food Plazas and Fast Food Units)
- A-La-Carte includes list of 96 items under the categories of Breakfast, Light Meals, Combo Meals, Non Veg, Jain Food, Sweets, Diabetic foods etc.
- Mobile App also displays the menu to be served in Rajdhani/ Shatabdi/ Duronto group of trains where foods are pre booked by passengers at the time of booking their tickets itself.
- Food items (Pre Booked) to be served are displayed separately for EC and CC classes in case of Shatabdi trains and 1A, 2A and 3A classes for Rajdhani and Duronto trains. In case of Duronto trains, food items for Sleeper class are also displayed. Menu is also given for late running of these trains.
- Food items (Pre Booked) to be served in Gatiman and Tejas trains are also displayed.
- Food item rates displayed are inclusive of taxes to avoid any confusion on taxation.
- Mobile App will help in creating awareness among Railway passengers about food items available and price. In case of pre booked foods like Shatabdi/ Rajdhani/ Duronto / Gatiman/ Tejas etc. passengers will become aware of the food items and quantity to be served to them in case they have pre booked their foods.
- In case of Mail/ Express trains it will help in controlling the overcharging of catering items.