DJI unveils the new Mavic Air
Da Jiang Innovations Science and Technology, commonly known as DJI, has come up with their brand new drone named as ‘DJI Mavic Air’ on Tuesday. The new design is a technological expertise towards the practicality of portability, with the new convenient foldable feature that helped the drone to be backpacked much more conveniently.
With more flight time and performance, the device has all the potentials to give the user countless possibility of fun and exploration.
Some of the new features of Mavic Air includes:
- 32 MP panorama shooting mode (The Mavic Air combines 25 photos together in just eight seconds to create crystal-clear 32 MP Sphere panoramas).
- 3axis gimbal with a 4k camera (The Mavic Air shoots video at an incredible 4K 30 fps, recording at 100 Mbps to capture every second with UHD quality)
- 3 directional environmental sensing for optimal security and a flight time of 21 minutes.
- Slow motion video (With support for recording 1080p 120 fps slow-motion video, the Mavic Air captures all your epic high-speed adventures)
- Active track (Active Track can sense up to 16 selectable subjects simultaneously,2 letting you choose the right tracking subject. With higher tracking precision and broader scenario applications, Active Track follows targets even when they’re running, jumping, or cycling.)
- Quick shots (Choose from six different Quick Shots — Rocket, Dronie, Circle, Helix, Asteroid, and Boomerang. All are just a tap away and will get you those epic selfie drone videos without needing to think about composing your shot. Share your new creations to social media)
- Smart Capture (Fun, simple, and intuitive, Smart Capture offers a new and interactive way of controlling the Mavic Air by hand. Launch and control the drone with hand gestures, then take photos or videos however you like.)
While comparing with its other model DJI Mavic pro, Mavic Air has certain pros as well as cons. In terms of foldability, Mavic AIR excels but in battery as well as the range (distance covered) Mavic Pro is the first in choice.
The Chinese company headquartered at Shenzhen, Guangdong, is the pioneer in manufacturing aerial vehicles (drones) for videography and aerial photography since 2006.
DJI being the business leader in drone manufacturing has an accounting of 80 per cent of the global drone market.