Kerala State Tourism Awards 2015-2016 announced
Thiruvananthapuram: The Department of Tourism, Government of Kerala, today presented the much-awaited ‘Kerala State Tourism Awards 2015-2016’, honouring Kerala’s best tourism service providers for their exceptional performances. Pinarayi Vijayan, Chief Minister of Kerala, who inaugurated the ceremony at the Hotel Taj Vivanta here, presented the prestigious award to the winners.
Speaking on the occasion, Pinarayi Vijayan said, the scope of public participation in tourism is phenomenal and inclusive tourism approach with public participation can make Kerala the best destination for international tourists. CM promised that the Government of Kerala is relentlessly striving to bring in more prosperity in the tourism sector of Kerala.The updated version of www.keralatourism.org, official website of department of tourism, was also launched by Chief Minister.
Sri Kadakampally Surendran, Minster for Tourism, Co-operation and Devaswom, presided over the awards ceremony. He promised to implement New Tourism Policy quickly within the specified timeline. He also shared his hope that the new policy will bring a positive upsurge for the overall development of Kerala. The Minister requested the leaders of Tourism Industry to contribute to the Chief Minister’s Relief fund and help to the victims of Ockhi cyclone.
Tourism-Culture Secretary Rani George IAS welcomed the gathering and congratulated the Kerala Tourism Award winners on behalf of Kerala Tourism Department . VK Madhu(District Panchayat President, Thiruvananthapuram), EM Najeeb, (President, CKTI), Baby Mathew (President, KTM Society), Aneesh Kumar PK (President, ATTOI), Jaffar Malik IAS (Additional Director, Kerala Tourism) were among those present. Sri. P Bala Kiran IAS (Director, Kerala Tourism) proposed a vote of thanks.
Tourism Awards 2015-16
· Best Inbound Tour operator to Kerala – Inter sight Tours and Travels Pvt. Ltd, Cochin
· Best Three Star Hotel in Kerala – Estuary Island, Poovar (Special Mention)
· Best Four Star Hotel in Kerala – Spice Village, Thekkady
· Best Five Star Hotel in Kerala Kochi Marriott Hotel, Edappally
· Best Five Star Deluxe Hotel in Kerala -The LeelaRavizKovalam,
· Best Heritage Hotel in Kerala -Coconut Lagoon, Kumarakom
· Best Approved & Classified Ayurvedic Centre in Kerala – Somatheeram Research Institute and Ayurveda Hospital Pvt. Ltd, Chowara
· Best Approved & Classified Homestay in Kerala – Rose Gardens Eco Friendly Homestay, Munnar
· Best Approved & Classified Service Villa in Kerala – Teak Town, Malappuram (Honourable Mention)
· Best Hotel Manager in Kerala – Rajesh Nair, HIG 50, Cochin
· Best Tourism/Hotel Management Institute in Kerala – Oriental School of Hotel Management, Wayanad
· Best Tourism related Report in print media – G. Jyothilal, MathrubhumiYathra
· Best Photography in Tourism sector – Rajan.M.Thomas, MalayalaManorama
· Best Tourism-related publication in Kerala – ManoramaTraveller,
· Most Innovative Project in Tourism Sector – Mathrubhumi Printing & Publishing Co Ltd, Kochi
· Most Innovative use of Information Technology in Tourism Sector – Sanchari Facebook Community
· Best practices in the field of Responsible Tourism – Chalukya Grace, Thiruvananthapuram
· Best adventure tourism operator – Kalypso Adventures Pvt Ltd, Kochi
· Best Tourism Club – DarulUloom VHSS Pulleppady, Ernakulam
· Best Student Coordinator of Tourism Club – Aiena Varghese, St. Xavier’s College for Women, Aluva
· Best Tourism Police – V.B. Rasheed
· Best Tourism Lifeguard – Premjith T.V