All you need to know about the Neelakurinji season in Munnar

The Neelakurinji season has started and will last till November. Those who wish to visit Munnar during the Kurinji season can visit the Eravikulam National Park to spot the flowers which blossoms once in 12 years. Visitors will be allowed between 7 am and 4 pm. The state tourism department has made special arrangements for the visitors to book online tickets and pre-registered booking facilities. 75 per cent of the tickets will be distributed online and the rest 25 per cent will be distributed direct. The entry to the park is restricted to 3500 visitors per day.

For online booking:

Ticket counters (Direct booking)

  • Munnar KSRTC stand
  • Marayoor Forest complex

Ticket charges:

  • Adults                  – Rs 120/-
  • Children              – Rs 90/-
  • Foreigners          – Rs 400/-
  • Camera                – Rs 40/-
  • Video camera     – Rs 315/-

The tickets will bear the time to enter the park so as to control the rush at the park. The maximum time a visitor can spend at the park is limited to two hours.

The entrance of the Eravikulam National Park at the 5th mile, features a visitors lounge, bio-toilets, drinking water station, vehicles to enter the park, display boards and ample space to accommodate the visitors, which will aslo let the visitors know more about the park and the other destinations in Munnar.

For more information, contact 8547603222/8547603199